Saturday, December 29, 2007

A New Year Coming...

As the new year approaches, I can't help but think back on what a whirlwind of a year 2007 was. My eyes were really opened to what is really "out there" right now with technology. I would have to say that the highlight of my year as a teacher was when I received the news that I was nominated to be a Keystone Technology Integrator, and then invited to attend the Keystones Technology Summit at Shippensburg University. What an experience! The network that I have built is incredible. The friendships that formed during those three days are priceless. It was by far the most incredible experience. I learned so much in three short days. It amazed me to see how technology was being used in classrooms across the state. We really have no idea until we are able to see it in action. It was nice to be able to share and gain new ideas with so many other educators who are passionate about technology.

This past year I also became of member of the Discovery Education Network, and most recently of Eduwiki. These are both great networks! Eduwiki allows me to collaborate with other educators to share ideas and resources. There's a Who's Who page that connects me to other members via Email, Skype, Twitter or their Wikispace or Blog. It amazes me how fast this 'community' is growing! I'm now part of a Virtual Bookclub also, and have participated in many interesting and informative Webinars.

So...as the new year approaches:
1.) I have an even bigger network to communicate and collaborate with concerning technology.
2.) I am looking forward to attending Pete&C in February. I can't wait to see many of the people that I have been communicating with on Twitter/Skype face to face....and...I can't wait to reconnect with the awesome 2007 Keystones!
3.) I am anxious and excited to keep moving ahead with technology!

~Happy New Year!~

No comments: