Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Time flies by...

As I was headed to Pittsburgh this past weekend, I happened to stop at Burger King for a quick bite to eat. When I pulled up to the drive thru window, I heard a voice say "Is that you Mrs. B?". I looked up (after searching for cash in my too-big purse :P ) and there were THREE of my 'girls' from Franklin. It was such a surprise, and so nice to see those faces. They looked so much older... and it brought back lots of great memories. I had taught those girls in 6th grade, and then the next two years for their Middle School Technology class. They were part of the reason that transition wasn't so bad for me. Seeing their familiar faces in that unfamiliar and often wild Middle School really helped my first year there. When they said they couldn't wait to be SENIORS next year, it took me a minute to process the thought. I mean WOW... time certainly moves fast. Sigh... which means I'm getting older. :) Lol

No comments: