With the upcoming school year about to begin... I'm feeling many emotions. My mind for the past year has been overflowing with ideas and technology that I'd love to bring to my district. However, being but one voice and person with the passion for technology and it's purpose, it can sometimes be challenging. So, in that case... in my classroom, I will make sure in anyway that I can that my students are getting 21st Century Skills. When I teach, I strive to provide my students with resources and materials that are age appropriate and meaningful... and I know that in my classroom I use technology to motivate and enhance the overall learning experience.
I recently presented at the Keystones Technology Integrator Summit this summer. I presented "Improving Elementary Writing Through Art & Animation". My presentation was a success... many attendees were in awe at what 1st graders are really able to do. These children are digital natives... they are fearless when it comes to technology. They sit down and literally learn by manipulating the mouse. They are not negative... their attitude is one of wonder and desire to learn. Technology excites them, you can see it on their faces. As a teacher, I get excited watching the process. They are little sponges... absorbing it all. So... with my emotions everywhere for the upcoming year, one thing that I look forward to is incorporating technology into my curriculum... and motivating my students to be successful and have fun, once again, in first grade.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Flickr/ktitraci
Twitter/kti_traci
Del.icio.us/ktitraci
GMail/Your Name
Blog/Your Name
No comments:
Post a Comment