My second course, Digital Media in the Classroom just ended. I learned so many amazing things that I was able to share with my students. Below is an informative video on frogs that I created in this course. For this project, I had to use Discovery Streaming editable clips and narrate myself. I used Green Screen, Blabberize, and BFX codes within my video. You'll probably find yourself laughing at my attempt to sing. :P
I also created a Google Earth tour, Christmas Around the World. This was my first attempt at Google Earth. I particularly enjoyed incorporating Glogster, Blabberize, Vokis and Discovery Assignment Builder into this project. My students absolutely loved it! If you have Google Earth downloaded on your computer, you can check it out here. If not, download Google Earth... it's free!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Flickr/ktitraci
Twitter/kti_traci
Del.icio.us/ktitraci
GMail/Your Name
Blog/Your Name
9 comments:
What a great way to incorporate technology w/ first grade!! Keep up the great work and you are inspiration for us all when working w/ younger kids!!!
Traci that was awesome. You need to show me how do the Blabber side to side like that.
Great video! I have to create a video for an assignment for my Ed Tech Degree this semester. You've inspired me to challenge myself. I'm interested in knowing how you mashed up the blabberize frogs to talk with each other.
WOW! Very nice! What did your class think of it? That's SO cool!! Love your green screen work, too.
Hi Tracy, I just stumbled upon your neat site! LOVE the froggie video. Questions - is Green Screen a prog and if so, where is it found (or do you mean a green screen background?)? And, what is BBX code?
Traci,
I love it! How long did it take you to make the video?
G.
Awesome video! I'm a student from Nebraska majoring in Education and I came across your blog today. I just wanted to thank you for introducing me to some new ways to incorporate technology in the classroom. Thank you for the post!
To answer the questions in the comments...
Jim~ The kiddos LOVED it... and I love that they don't mind my singing :)
Mrs. L~ I use a green background and the FlipMino to video my students. I create my videos using Adobe Premiere Elements 4 which has an easy chroma key option to switch out the background.
Mrs. Krause~ It didn't take that long to create the video... I wrote the script before hand and recorded when doing the talking frogs. Putting it all together was actually the easy part!
Awesome! Was the class through Wilkes? Thanks for the link.
Post a Comment