Thursday, February 12, 2009

~ PAECT Banquet ~

Tuesday of Pete&C proved to be quite exciting! Daniel Pink's keynote kicked off the day. I had read his book... and actually brought it for him to sign. (Thanks McGee!) I then went to Jan Abernethy's session Classroom Websites as a Teaching Tool. She shared some amazing things that she does with her 5th graders! If you've never visited the Global Gorilla's site, do it now! I spent most of my afternoon in the vendor area... as I waited for my laptop to charge thanks to some nice fellows at a booth who let me use their charger! (Since mine broke...) I then chatted with Hall Davidson for awhile at the DEN booth, and he shared some amazing new Google Earth ideas! Very Cool!!
I attended the PAECT banquet... and was surprised to find out that I was named "Teacher of the Year" for 2009. What an honor! It certainly made my evening... and the best part was sharing the moment with many of my closest friends.
BubbleShare: Share photos - Easy Photo Sharing

No comments: