On Tuesday, the DEN Stars were picked up at Headlands in trollies!! It was absolutely the coolest thing ever! We had an awesome driver... and were set to begin touring the city. First stop was the Golden Gate Bridge... which was so amazing to see up close. I couldn't even begin to list all the cool places we saw... so I'll just sum up the ones that really stuck out to me. I enjoyed going through Pacific Heights and viewing the luxurious homes and then being able to see the "Seven Painted Ladies". (I am a product of the 80's and watched every episode of Full House!) Fisherman's Wharf was fabulous... we ate at Bouldin's and the meal was excellent! Then we had some free time to explore the Wharf and mingle and shop together.
On Wednesday, Adam Frey from Wikispaces was our keynote speaker, and totally rocked. He filled us in on some upcoming changes with Wikispaces. If you do not currently use Wikispaces... why not??? It is an awesome collaborative Web2.0 tool for classroom use.
On Wednesday and Thursday there were break-out sessions ranging from topics of Digital Storytelling to Geocaching. I led two sessions on Glogster and the DE Builders. It was nice to have Jim Dachos, Education Manager from Glogster join us in San Francisco. He shared some news about changes with Glogster.com/edu for the fall. Glogster will now have its own domain... and will break away from the regular Glogster.com social site. This is great for school districts who have this awesome Web2.0 tool blocked!
On Thursday night, I participated in "AmeriDEN Idol". There were about 18 of us, and we had to present a created resource or a great tech tool, and had 3-5 minutes to do so. We were even lucky enough to have Paula (aka Janita), Cara (aka Jen), Randy (aka Mike) and Simon (aka Lance) judging for us!! I was soooo excited to get "Simon's" autograph on my lanyard nametag! AmeriDEN rocked... with so many cool resources shared. In the end... my buddy Eric and I ended up tying for the win and we each received $100 gift cards to the Discovery Education store!! YAY! Thanks DEN!
This San Francisco trip was unforgettable. I met so many DEN Stars that I'm sure I will continue to communicate with regularly for great conversation and advice! I'm already looking forward to next years DEN National Institute!
Below is a picture of Lance and I at the National Institute. Lance is the Director of the Discovery Education Network... he had to pose for about 80 of these pics!




Flickr/ktitraci
Twitter/kti_traci
Del.icio.us/ktitraci
GMail/Your Name
Blog/Your Name
No comments:
Post a Comment