Friday, September 21, 2007

One Month In...

Well, we're about one month into the school year. I am definitely pleased with my students' progress in the lab. We've only been going once a week on Fridays. I've been using Kidspiration with them, and they really have the hang of it. It's awesome to only have to give directions one time! They are so excited to complete the activities on their own.
So far, I've used Kidspiration for math and language arts. I create lessons that align with the curriculum. Today, the students did a 'Word Families' activity. It really reinforced the
-at, -an, and -ad word families. I also had the students fill in the blank with the word family words in a sentence. It was challenging for some! The students had to read the sentences and the picture words in each category when they finished.
I'm going to be starting another project...some research about Clarion for the Learninginhand project about cities/towns. I'm excited to get it going!

I've been doing some new things with my website this year also. I added a VOKI and used VuVox to put a slideshow of student work on. It amazes me how quickly the site can be done. Everyone seems to think that it takes me hours...which I find quite funny! Check it out, and let me know what you thing! Comments/suggestions are always welcome!

No comments: