Friday, July 3, 2009

Time to Catch Up!

This summer seems to be flying by! I recently got back from vacationing in Ocean City with a stop in DC at the NECC conference on the way home. The boys and I got to see many of my good friends as well as visit the Convention Center (Exhibit Hall) and the Smithsonian museums of Natural History and American History. After recently seeing Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian, the boys totally loved this! They also enjoyed riding on the Metro for the first time.
At the Exhibit Hall, the boys were a hit with Turning Technologies. This company had a very catchy "Indiana Jones" theme at their booth, and my boys played right into it! Gav even got a t-shirt & hat and Jayden got a $10 Subway card! (Thanks Turning Technologies!) We visited the Discovery Education booth and got some really cool flashing necklaces...which I'll definitely steal from the boys to take to San Fran :) and got to see Matt (Monjan) and Hall (Davidson). Hall even pulled me into his presentation while I was there.
BrainPOP! had a booth, and Jayden and I got our pictures taken with Moby, which was cool. The boys also got some cool pointer sticks from SMART technologies and were able to play around for a bit on the SMARTboard. (Which they thought was AWESOME!)
All in all, it was an entertaining trip. Although I didn't get to attend any sessions this year at NECC, (and I arrived a little late...) seeing my friends and "catching up" was priceless. Next weekend I'm off to San Francisco to the Headlands Institute with Discovery Education and my bags are already half packed! I've never been to California as an adult... and I can't wait!

2 comments:

Mezoff-Monjan Family said...

Hi Traci! It was great to see you and your family in DC and I hope you're having an awesome time at the National Institute in San Francisco!

KTI said...

It was awesome seeing you as well! San Francisco was AMAZING!! I'll be seeing you soon... saw your name (and Jen's) on the list for the Erie conference Aug 4-5... I'll be there presenting as well! We'll all have to meet up for dinner...
Trace